Wednesday, August 01, 2007

It's possible for weeks to pass and not realize it.

Weeks have passed since I left Croatia, and it's seems like days ago and ages at the same time. I have been home and all over the northwest. What I wonder now is how can I love being home and miss Croatia all at the same time?! So I had a thought the other day while sitting in a coffee shop with a friend. I want to throw it out there because it even is extremely convicting to me. So the Harry Potter book 7 came out a week and a half ago. As I talked to some people about awaiting it's release, I realized that there is a serious problem in priorities for some people. I wasn't one of the people awaiting it's release since I have never even picked up one of the books, but there are other things I have eagerly awaited the release of or waited to do. Some people camped out for days before to get their copy, and some people didn't move for a complete day so that they could read the entire book. I am not going to say that Harry Potter is bad, or that people shouldn't read it, that is for each person to decide. What I will say is that if you call Jesus your Savior and you sat as I described, then there is something you need to consider as I did. Why is it that you will wait for days for the release of this book and sit for hours reading? Why do you do that for Harry Potter and not for your Bible and God? A relationship with God is something that lasts beyond a couple days, it's eternal. God has done more for us than anyone else ever can, he wants us to know him through the Bible, and he commands us to love him before all else. So why will a person spend that much time for that book and not for the Bible or their Savior. I may not pick up Harry Potter, but there are other books I pick up an don't put down until they are done. Why don't I pick up my Bible that way? I want my Bible to be something that I want to read just like that. I know it will take prayer and a rearranging of priorities. Do you need to do the same?

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Mikalatos said...

I think it's possible that you are the only person I know who has actually updated their blog in a month.

How's it going?

p.s. I have a copy of the 8th Harry Potter book.

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home