Monday, March 19, 2007

When Time Works Against You

The last three weeks of my life have gone by so fast, and three weeks ago seems like ages past. In that time 1. Sunny's friend Jenna joined us for five days of Croatian fun, 2. Andy returned home to be with his family, 3. John almost (and I mean almost) got deported, 4. Alexis and I went to Budapest, Hungary to get our car "fixed" and registered, 5. we had the third Story of the Soul, 6. eight guys from Montana State University visited us for their spring break, and 7. spring arrived and I want to wear my sandals now. Quite a bit to even think about. Time has gone by so quickly and I am overwhelmed by that. Looking at the time ahead promises a busy few months and time that will slip by. In two months the summer project group will join us, in three and a half months we will be going to Campus Mission 2007, and the week after that I will be home.
I feel as though time is working against me, and as each day passes I am at a loss as to where the day went. I want more time with my team, I want more time with the students I know, I want more time to contact people at home, I want more time to think about raising support for next year, and most of all I want more time with God! When everything overwhelms me, spending time with God is the one thing that seems to stop time and fill me again. It's more than seeming, it does stop time. I could write for hours about all that has gone on but that wouldn't even begin to open the thoughts in my mind to you. Andy has gone back to Portland for good now. His mom is in serious condition, but praise God she is on the transplant list for a liver! We miss having him here with us, and I really hope he can come visit. Pray for his mom please, because she has a lot ahead of her. It was all at once that Andy had to leave, and we found out John might have to leave for three months. Us women were about to break down at the thought of loosing both of our dear brothers in weeks. After long weeks of waiting, John found out is appeal was denied but by God's grace a woman here granted him a tourist visa. With all of that, we were able to be encouraged by other things around us, mainly people. But now we are ready for a rest, and some good time with God. Tomorrow is a day with the Lord and I am praying for sunny weather so I can enjoy spring as well as soak up time with God. I cannot believe this is my life. Every time I start to think my life is normal, I am reminded that I am living in the adventure God gave me. Life is uncertain, and time won't stop as much as I would like it to. I will try to put some pictures of everything up soon, and will try to finish my story of Morocco. Thanks for reading this rambling, and pray for my team and I. The road before us is uncertain, but we are not alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home